What We Do
Hold Your Horses engages a team of professionals that includes licensed clinicians in occupational therapy, physical therapy and psychology. Adaptive riding instructors, horse trainers and experienced horse handlers are also critical to the professional service team. Oh and don’t forget our equine partners Jack, Ghost, Lily, Yosi, Dreamer and Whisper who are all looking forward to meeting you!
Occupational and physical therapists provide hippotherapy at Hold Your Horses Monday through Thursdays. Used as a treatment strategy, the horse provides multi-dimensional movement and a dynamic base of support to help develop skills for daily living. Clients participating in hippotherapy have demonstrated the following outcomes:
- Increased stability in sitting to enjoy a place at the family dinner table
- Improved head control for transfers in and out of a car seat
- Proximal strength and stability at the shoulders to enhance reaching and grasp for daily tasks
- Greater stability and strength to move around and explore the environment
- Increased respiration and vocalization to interact with others
- Sensory modulation for calm and focused behaviors
Equine Facilitated Psychotherapy
For information about equine facilitated psychotherapy, please contact Molly Deprekel, MA LP, DEIP-MH at email@example.com or call (952) 934 2555 ext 5.
Hold Your Horses hosts continuing education for professionals in the field of equine assisted services. For information about upcoming events, please check out our events page.
Hold Your Horses is a member of the American Hippotherapy Association (AHA), Professional Association of Therapeutic Horsemanship International (PATHIntl), American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA), and Minnesota Occupational Therapy Association (MOTA).